Water heaters are a necessity in today's day and age. Most people don't know what it’s like to live without hot water until your water heater goes out... We realize this can be an emergency and we are here to accommodate you. We offer repair, replacement and water heater installation services. If your unit is 10 years or older we would highly recommend water heater replacement due to hard water in the area and the materials used to construct water heaters. They just don't seem to last like they used to. Your next decision is going to be what to replace your old unit with...
TANK OR TANKLESS UNIT?
Some prefer traditional tank water heaters that store and reproduce hot water at a certain rate.
These have been around for some time and have proved to be worthy. Now others are looking for tankless water heater installation, which can be more efficient and give you an endless supply of hot water. Here at Slab Leaks Plus Inc. we believe these are both great units. The decision that needs to be made is which unit will best suit you, your family, and your home. We recommend using Bradford White and Noritz Tankless units. Here are some pros and cons to help you decide...
PROS VS CONS TANK WATER HEATER INSTALLATION
• More affordable,
• Low maintenance
• Fewer working parts, therefore easier to repair
• Can run solely on gas, or solely on electricity,
• Easier to retrofit. Most homes today have the platform, correct size gas pipe and venting for tank unit.
• Less efficient, can run out of hot water temporarily
• Large and bulky
• Don’t last like they used to
• They continue to use gas while not in use
PROS VS CONS TANKLESS WATER HEATER INSTALLATION
• More efficient
• Compact, space-saving
• Endless supply of hot water
• Uses gas on demand.
• More Costly
• Higher maintenance
• Filtration required in Orange County
• Isolation valves required for servicing
• More difficult water heater installation. May require new gas pipe sizing, and different vent material.
This information is based on our years of experience in the field. We hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any questions or are looking to schedule water heater replacement or repair, please give us a call at (949) 600-9777 and you will be directed to a live technician immediately.